The scalp is desquamated every 20-30 days. In cases of disorders of the skin’s natural flora (due to hereditary reasons, hormonal disorders, stress), the scalp desquamates much more often, thus, suffering from dryness. The typical indications of dryness are: desquamation – the familiar flakes – redness and itching on scalp. The Shampoo for Dry Scalp treats dryness effectively, removes dead cells and contributes to the moisturization of dry scalp.
- Helps in the treatment of dryness and in the removal of dead cells thanks to tea tree, willow tree extract and salicylic acid.
- Moisturizes and soothes irritated and dry scalp thanks to wheat proteins and honey.
- Disinfects and regulates oiliness thanks to the innovative propolis extract with its excellent antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-mucus attributes.
- Provides additional action against oiliness and dandruff, while having a soothing effect thanks to tea tree and lavender organic essential oils.
- Maintains hair elasticity.
- Protects hair and scalp against the adverse effects of the environment by maintaining the balance of the scalp bio-flora thanks the Bio Cotton Protection System (cotton bloom extract + oligosaccharide + arginine).
- DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED
Natural Infusion Base
APIVITA replaces water with organic infusions, like green tea, that give its products mainly antioxidant attributes. Given that most cosmetics’ water content exceeds 70%, APIVITA products are antioxidant-rich in their base. The effectiveness of the infusions selected in each case is proven through scientific methods. The antioxidant action of the infusions is measured through the FRAP method, while their capacity to eliminate free radicals through the DPPH method. Over the past few years, APIVITA has been studying and using infusions from Greek medicinal herbs with well-proven, exceptional antioxidant effects, such as organic rosemary. Known for its antioxidant and toning attributes, rosemary is mainly used in hair care products as it stimulates the formation of the hair follicle, while it acts effectively against dandruff.
Bio Cotton Protection System
The natural complex Bio Cotton Protection System is an exclusive innovation from the laboratories of APIVITA that acts as a shield for both hair and scalp, as it strengthens and repairs the hair cuticle from damages (external factors, chemical processes and stress) that cause split ends and breakage. At the same time, it strengthens the natural defense mechanisms of the skin and scalp, maintains the balance of the bio-flora against external factors and enhances hair hydration and smoothness. Bio Cotton Protection System is a combination of three active ingredients of plant and biotechnological origin. More specifically it consists of:
- Cotton bloom extract, a phyto-complex consisting of 7 oligosaccharides extracted from cotton honeydew and that include fructose, glucose, inositol, melezitose, saccharose, trehalose and trehalulose.
- Arginine, an amino acid that is vital to many metabolic processes.
- Bioeccolia, a prebiotic oligosaccharide obtained from natural sugars (sucrose and maltose) and formed through an enzymatic synthesis process.